Friday, April 27, 2007

Leveled

Sydney : "Mommy your tummy is getting bigger"
mama : ..........uh........(crickets, chirp..chirp..chirp)

And that's all I have to say about that.



Doing sit-ups is a quick way to get stronger abdominal muscles if done properly.

Steps
*Lie down on the floor with your upper knees bent, the balls of your feet and heels on the ground.
*Place your hands behind the lobes of your ears, or even hold your ears.(Grabbing the back of head or neck may cause injury down the road.)
*Tighten your abdominal muscles by drawing in your belly button to your spine.
*Keeping your heels on the ground, slowly lift your head and shoulder blades off the floor with a contraction of the abdominal muscles. Get up off the floor as high as you are comfortable with. Try to keep your back straight, like you were practicing proper posture.
*Hold the position for a second then slowly bring the torso back to the floor but try to keep it slightly off the ground (i.e. try not to "lie" on the floor).
*Repeat steps 3-5 for the remainder of the exercise.

9 comments:

Tiffany said...

LMAO! postings about sit-ups? is this what the world is coming to? i abhor exercise. hmmm...do 12 oz arm curls count? cuz that's about the only exercise my fat ass sees these days...

damn three year olds and their candor.

Twins & 2 Moms said...

hahahahaha
You crack me up!!

K J and the kids said...

Yes well it's good that it was my little girl and not someone else's or I would have had a stong desire to drop kick them. :)

Mommy, Mama & Cubs said...

LMAO!! Your Funny!

Go KJ Go!

Merr said...

Damn, kids say the darndest things!
Have you tried Pilates? OMG talk about a workout. I hate exercising,, but I love Pilates. It takes 20 minutes and you feel like you have done 1000 sit ups! We have Windsor Pilates and it rocks. You can do it any time too. Cam loves to do it with us.

nailgirl24 said...

Lexie told me that I had a big butt!! This was just after I had gotten out of the shower. Uh yeah about that, thanx!!

Jennifer said...

See...I knew there were benefits to having a child that wasn't verbal....

K J and the kids said...

Damn Merr, I was going to talk to you about this at the park.

Denise, sorry dog.

Jennifer, shame on you :) ha ha ha ha

Dee said...

Too damn funny!