Monday, March 7, 2011

When life becomes more than you can stand

and you have 70 degree weather and a 3 day weekend within reach and approximately 4 hr drive.
You pack your bags, book a last minute 3 bedroom 2 bath condo at an extremely discounted rate and hit the road.

We got there, settled in, Spencer came in to tell me to roll his stomach at about midnight.  at about 2 am he threw up for the first time.   He continued acting perfectly swell all except for the puking episodes and that pesky diarrhea and that kept a pull up on him for the entire weekend.

Me and the wife played catch with a football we found at the playground.    We also pitched tennis balls through a 6 inch hole in the tennis pitching fence (the one that was closed for the season and was left completely open with no one around and hundreds of balls to keep our family of 7 happy and busy for over an hour:).....for $100,000.00 a ball.   Had the balls been $100,000.00 per nearly missing a childs head we would both be MILLIONAIRS. luckily no one was harmed.
Today I can't wipe my own ass.   It SERIOUSLY hurts oh so much to twist to the right.   It can knock the wind out of me and send my back/rib cage into a sudden spasm for several minutes.
We've both decided it's time to start working out more regularly.  Apparently caring for 5 little people....including all of the turning, standing, squatting, lifting, carrying that is involved....is not keeping us fit. AT. ALL.

I did take my camera.   I took exactly 2 pictures at the condo.  98 at the pool.   and 2 of the babies peeing outside of the van for the first time on a road trip.
Without further ado.
Something that I should remind myself of more often


Remember that one time on our trip that Syd was nice to her brothers. 
Me too, good thing I had my camera for it :)


Mommy Jaaaaaaaaaay, Mommy Jaaaaaay
I haven't convinced myself that she didn't birth this baby boy

of the 98 pictures I took at the pool...I'm pretty sure 39 of them were of Nathan shooting hoops.  



Don't look. this may just be my "this moment friday"

Or this one.   I can't decide
Nate was either spitting on her
or licking her.  either way...as you can see...J wasn't amused.
Poor little Spence man didn't get to play in the pool.   but we let him dip his piggys in the hot tub.

14 comments:

DaniKel said...

I am loving this impromptu vacation!! Just what the fam needed!! Soooooooo much fun!!!

Janet said...

I knew you did something fun! I was starting to worry bout ya but kept thinking she's just having a blast somewhere away from her home lucky lady!!
LOVE the water pic's with J!! Just love them.....

jade said...

I didn't know you had to be able to throw balls for a whole day in order to be able to call yourself fit - I've never been fit in my whole life then - uhoh, need to go do some work out too!
But between you and me, would love to see a "real sportsman" do what you do every day with your five children!! (let's make that: see him do it two days in a row - haha)

Amy said...

Water pics with J, priceless... Crazy that someone is always sick but with your #'s I guess the odds are stacked against you. Hopefully no one else will catch it!!

Stacey said...

A vacation like that is so necessary sometimes. Looks like it was a lot of fun--cool pool area with the large chess board and stuff. Love the pics. The spitting and licking pics made me giggle because that is something our kids would do.

H2 said...

Soooo cute. And how come you're not in any of these pics, K?!?! How exciting that you've reached a point that "spontaneous vacation" and "5 kids" can go in the same sentence!!!

heather@it'stwinsanity said...

That peeing picture is for sure my favorite!

Merr said...

Fun!! We need to jot down there! Especially after all this damn snow!

Cris said...

I can't take one more day....wish I could run away somewhere!

Liz P said...

Awww, looks like you guys had fun. Poor Spencer, being sick. Boo. Where exactly did you go?

And welcome to old age! LOL...where the most mundane act can jack you up. Hope you feel better soon, sweets. :)

Jen said...

Ah yes! Vacation...I remember it well! Looks like you guys had a blast. Love the pool pics. J looks smothered in love. And yes, why aren't you in any of those pics?? Spencer looks like a little trooper, sorry he got sick.

hotomiky said...

Looks you all had fun!!! Poor spencer. (that wasnt fun but glad he enjoyed himself playing with water).

Pictures showed a lot of loves!!!

2mommies said...

Love the pics! Sounds like a great little trip! Poor Spence!

trooppetrie said...

I love unplanned trips. just jump and run. they seem to be the most fun