No. It's a liebster. I'm happy to say that I was nominated twice. The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Obviously Bloggity Boo and Spring didn't know that when they nominated me :) I normally don't like filling these out. I feel like it should stop someplace and I'm usually happy to be the one that helps it end. (I know..talking about myself is like 2nd nature...HELLO. BLOGGER. but I struggle with it sometimes) I have some time right now. The kids are watching a movie for our Friday Night Movie Night. J's working on a playhouse project (more to come) and here I am catching up on blogs.
Springs questions are :
1. What was your reaction when you found out you were expecting multiples? My beta numbers were high. I was already HUGE by 8 weeks. and I was eating like I was pregnant with twins....so it wasn't a huge shocker. The 2nd set was. I laid on the ultrasound table and saw it immediately. I stayed very quiet...listened to the doctor (who was a bastard and refused to work with gays, but had to do the viability ultrasound because he was filling in for my doctor that week) We left and in the elevator I said something like..."this isn't good" We went to our separate cars (J met me from work)and I started crying. HARD. I called one of our 1/2 sibling moms and cried to her....probably because I knew that I wouldn't get sympathy from anyone else. I would have heard a lot of..."well what the fuck did you think would happen dumb ass"
2. What was your spouse's reaction? The first time she was happy. The second time she said she knew. She was mostly just trying to hold it together and be supportive of me.
3. How did you tell your family/friends? I think I just said....I'm pregnant. I'm having twins. :)
4. What is your favorite activity to do at home with the kids? I'm reading Harry Potter with the older 3. The big boys are on #1. Syd and I are on #5.
Mostly I love it when they are quiet. I love watching all 4 boys play. Their imaginations are awesome.
5. Where is your favorite place to go as a family? Renting a house with a pool someplace warm.
6. What is your easy, go to meal for the kids? breakfast; cereal. eggs and pancakes. french toast. oatmeal. hot cereal. anything.
7. What do you do for yourself for fun? date night with the wife.
8. What is your dream family vacation? a bungalow on the ocean in Bora Bora with a full time nanny and personal masseuse on hand 24-7.
9. DIY or store bought? both
10. Are you a routine/schedule follower or fly by the seat of your pants type? I have children...routine. and then sometimes fly by the seat of your pants.
11. Where is one place you would NEVER take your multiples? Wedding/Funeral
Bloggity Boo's questions are :
1) If you could meet any one person dead or alive who would it be? I have NO idea. I thought this would be an easy answer and yet I can't think of any-1 person. I always wanted to meet Bette Midler. I watched her recently on an interview. I think she may be just a little too much for me. I'd love to sit down with Hillary Clinton. So I'll say Hillary.
2) Greatest accomplishment thus far? carrying 2 sets of healthy twins.
3) Where do you hope to be in 10 years? more relaxed and less worried about this whole parenting thing.
4) Best vacation ever? I loved our last trip to Boston. Boston rocks.
5) Hot or cold? hot
6) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? close to family (and not because I particularly like family...but I think the connections are good for my kids)
7) Favorite book? The Good Earth
8) If you could trade lives with someone just for a day who would it be? a labor and delivery nurse.
9) Best thing about where you live? LOTS of gay families
10) You're stuck on a desert island and you get one type of food, what is it? italian
11) What's one fun fact about you that not many people know? I love oldies music. And classical. If you come into my house you'll usually hear classical music playing on my radio.
Ok.....so I'm not nominating you because you've probably already been nominated. I also don't want you to have to nominate anyone else so....I'll just give you questions to answer. You can do it or you can screw it, it's up to you :)
1- Where do you fall on the Kinsey scale ? 0-10 (0 being 100% gay)
2- Have you earned your toaster oven ? (you can provide details if you so choose)
3- Are you a gold star wearing lesbian ?
4- What are your thoughts on PDA (public displays of affection) personally and with other people in the gay community ?
5- 1 night, no questions asked, explain ?
6- Have you seen the movie The Heat ? (why not) (go immediately)
7- Favorite lesbian movie ?
8- why ?
9- Favorite lesbian actor ?
10- why ?
11- Age when you realized that you were a big homo ?
tagging - anyone who is willing to answer these questions. There are 3 of you that I KNOW can handle them. and several I hope will.
Let me know when you answer them as it gives me something fun to read !